Thursday, March 5, 2015

Food


I’m cheating on this on a bit. My FAVORITE all  time food is Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. (notice the caps – that is because this food is worth the respect!!) 

I’m a country girl, after all! Just give me this food with fresh sliced tomatoes and a big glass of sweetened iced tea – Bliss!!

Truthfully, though, I haven’t eaten that exact meal in several years. I haven’t fried chicken in years! And I don’t eat it often…

But I also like many other foods and one of them is a favorite from my childhood – bierocks.  Those I do fix every once in a while because my youngest son requests them! He can keep them in the freezer and take a couple to work with him for lunch.

This picture was taken the last time I made bierocks to take to Jay in Weatherford! Of course, I had to eat a few myself!!


Bierocks





2 comments:

  1. What is a bierock? I love fried chicken too, but rarely have any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cabbage, ground beef, pepper, wrapped in bread. Some people call them Kraut Rolls, some call them runza's. They have always been called bierocks where I come from!!

      Delete